- 250ml milk (you can use almond or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (or freshly ground turmeric root)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 whole cinnamon
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of ghee butter or virgin coconut oil
MIRACULOUS GOLDEN MILK
Did you get a cold and would like to put an end to it fast and in a natural way? Thanks to this recipe for miraculous Golden milk you can deal with it with ease! The ingredients in Golden milk have high anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and regenerative effects and stimulate the body’s natural immune defenses. It’s literally a life-giving beverage!
How to do it?
- Add milk, spices, and ghee butter (or virgin coconut oil) to a pot and bring it to the boil slowly.
- Stir for a few minutes on a low flame until the mixture dissolves.
- Sieve into GoodGlass and cool to a temperature where the drink is pleasantly drinkable.
- Add honey or another sweetener according to your taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Enjoy the beneficial effects of this Golden Potion!
What is Golden Milk?
This traditional Ayurvedic drink has been used in China, India and Southeast Asia for its healing effects for centuries. It owes its name to its distinctly yellow golden color given to it by turmeric. Because of its beneficial effects, it is sometimes nicknamed as “miraculous milk”. The contained ingredients are effective natural medicaments, which in this connection multiply the effects of each other.
This life-giving beverage is good to drink in the evening before bedtime, not only when we feel sick, but also in the case of digestive or sleep problems. It also has a preventive effect on various civilization diseases, as it stimulates immunity and at the same time calms and regenerates the body. Cheers!
Power of nature
Turmeric, also known as Indian Saffron or Yellow Ginger, has strong anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and regenerative effects. It contains the antioxidant curcumin, which strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of cancer and other civilization diseases. Long-term cooking reduces its effects, so add it to the end when cooking! Cayenne pepper is a great fighter against cold, viruses and fungi. It helps digestion, strengthens the heart and, among other things, calms down the cough. Combined with turmeric it greatly increases its effects! Remember to add a pinch of cayenne or black pepper to each turmeric meal.
Cinnamon is one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world. In combination with honey, it has great healing effects! Honey also has strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, promotes metabolism and detoxifies the body. It is important to be careful not to spoil its valuable elements by too high temperature and therefore never add honey to the boiling drink, but only after it has cooled down a bit.
Ghee (melted butter) or virgin coconut oil is also important in this recipe because curcumin is fat-soluble, so it ensures a higher absorption of curcumin into the body.